Since 1966, the FCA Ministry has been present on campuses all across the country. The Campus Ministry is initiated and led by student-athletes and coaches on junior high, high school, and college campuses. The purpose of Campus Ministry, through various types, has been to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with the lost and to grow and mature as a follower of Jesus Christ.
The “win” of Campus Ministry is to see campuses impacted for Jesus Christ through the influence of athletes and coaches.
Why We Do Campus Ministry
- The mission of reaching out to every person with the Gospel and making disciples everywhere is a direct response to the heart of our Lord Jesus Christ, and brings great glory to God.
- Student-athletes, as implied in the Scriptures, are loved and cared for by our Lord. They are worth our deepest love, our best sacrifice; and in light of the Great Commission and their open hearts, we, the Body of Christ, are compelled to focus on making every effort to reach them with the Gospel.
- The college, high school, and middle school campus is strategic. Campus Ministry answers the question, “How will FCA effectively impact the campus
- in such a way that Christ is lifted up among the millions of students in our nation?”
- Campus Ministry provides an unprecedented opportunity to build Christian student-athletes in their faith and equip them as followers of Christ.
- The campus gives FCA the platform to minister to the greater community.
- It is FCA’s objective to equip, enable, empower, and encourage student athletes to impact and influence their campus for Christ.
- FCA is called to glorify God through our unity, committed to a common cause, lifting up one another, sacrificing for the greater good of the Kingdom.